Add field personnel and dispatchers to your corporate network
Two-way radios are a common fixture among railroad companies, trucking companies, airlines and other transportation service providers. But radio-based systems are typically isolated from enterprise voice networks. iNEMSOFT provides an easy and affordable way for you to bridge the radio-telephony divide.
We help you link radio networks with your core communication platform so field personnel and dispatchers can communicate seamlessly from anywhere – staying in touch with colleagues and coworkers at the office, as well as with customers, suppliers and field personnel.
KEY iNEMSOFT CAPABILITIES:
- Communicate with dispatchers and field personnel across vast territories, with carrier-grade reliability.
- Establish disaster recovery sites for dispatch operations and maintain business continuity during an outage.
- Extend office-based unified communications applications to remote radio users.
- Scale to support thousands of radios over an IP/VoIP network.
- Operate new compliance-based, narrow-band radios side-by-side with older systems to minimize disruption and downtime during an upgrade.
- Achieve a single, 360-degree view of your radios, dispatchers and telephones.
CASE STUDY: FREIGHT TRAINS
Providing Seamless Communication along 33,000 Miles of Rail Track
- The Challenge.
- One of the largest Class 1 railroad operators in North America was formed by merger. Each of the two combined companies had its own dedicated radio network to keep in touch with field crews who service trains and tracks. Unfortunately the systems were incompatible, and neither could be scaled to support the merged operations.
- The Solution.
- The company bridged the technology gap using iNEMSOFT ClassOne® IP Radio Gateways, iCAS Radio Servers and Consoles. Previously incompatible radio calls are now routed over the company’s high-availability converged voice and data network, with built-in failover capabilities for disaster recovery. The solution links more than 2,000 base station radios across 33,000 miles of track. It is one of the largest converged radio, voice and data networks in the world.
- The Benefits.
- The company now has seamless communication to and from trains, trackside crews and rail yard operations over a highly reliable and scalable infrastructure. Operating costs are significantly lower and systems administration is simplified. Radio users have a host of new telephony features, including call-ins, multiparty conferencing and mobile radio access (MRAS). In addition, operators can “see” radio calls on their computer monitor and answer them in priority order, resulting in a more rapid response to important issues and emergencies.
- Read the ClassOne® iCAS Solution Railroad Merger Success Story
CASE STUDY: COMMERCIAL AIRLINES
Upgrading an airline’s ground-to-ground and ground-to-air voice and radio communications system
- The Challenge.
- The radio-based operations control system serving this airline supports tens of geographically dispersed regional and national airports. But the organization’s aging infrastructure has several limitations. It lacks room for growth. Some components are at their end of life and no longer supported by manufacturer. The airline lacks failover capabilities to protect communications in the event of an outage in its primary data center. In addition, its radio operations are unable to benefit from previous technology investments, including a dual-carrier MPLS network, geographically diverse data centers, virtualized servers and desktops, mobility capabilities and voice over IP.
- The Solution.
- iNEMSOFT, in partnership with Avaya, is replacing the airline’s current radio operations control system with ClassOne® iCAS Radio Servers, IP Radio Gateways and Consoles – providing dial access to the airline’s corporate Avaya Aura® voice network and contact center. Radios will receive feature-rich, multimedia, multimodal communications and collaboration services from the Avaya Aura Core.
- The Benefits.
- By integrating radio communications directly into the airline’s Avaya Aura communications infrastructure, iNEMSOFT allows all airline personnel (dispatchers, load planners, pilots, ramp personnel, field crews, maintenance control and operation groups) to communicate seamlessly on a single, highly scalable IP/SIP-enabled radio-telephony platform. It’s a solution that boosts collaboration, speeds decision making and shortens response times. The airline can support reliable and sustained growth, with comprehensive failover protection for improved availability. Radio users benefit from rich new communication features and can communicate seamlessly with any Avaya Aura endpoint – making and receiving calls and participating in collaborative communication sessions. Since most of the critical components are part of the Avaya Aura network, the airline will eliminate the need to update its costly, aging radio infrastructure. The result is a powerful, low-cost solution that can grow as the airline grows.
- Read the ClassOne® iCAS Solution Canadian Airline Success Story